Wednesday, 30 January 2008

Passed my driving test!


Praise God! I passed my driving test this afternoon.
I wanted to record every single step God had brought me through these two days. I don't want to forget His great love in my life. Yesterday my driving lesson did not go well. Julie said I was not driving at the test standard. She insisted me to think about if it's better for me to cancel my test the next day. I did not want to cancel my test last minute. In this case, I would lose 48.50 pounds test fees. She was very firm in her decision. She told me that she would not take me to the test center if my driving did not improve even though I would lose my fees.
I was really upset. My heart was broken. It's because I have been working very hard for my driving almost a year. I have spent a lot of money from my parents on driving. I did not want to spend anymore money on driving. I need a full driving license for my new job. I did not know what to do at that moment. I had no more strength. When Claire came in to my room I just burst into tears. Claire prayed for me and comforted me. She told me not to revise the high way code or driving materials. She said that I have had the driving skills and I was good enough for my test. I did not drive well was because I was worried about not gotten my driving license before job started. That was so true.
I decided to go to leazes park to pray to God. I got some duck wrap and orange juice from Mark and Spencer. I just told God how I felt and I really wanted to pass my test. I felt better after praying in Leazes Park. In cell group, we shared the prayers God had answered us in the past. It was great to remind ourselves the wonders of God in our life. We are so easy to forget about the great things God has done in the past. We are still worrying about our needs even though God has showed us His provision. It's because we are human, we are so weak. Maria and Shin prayed for me in cell. Sarah, Fung Ying and some of the girls prayed for me as well.
This morning I got up really early, it was 6 am. I took out my bible and started to worship God. Matthew 6: 25-34 really spoke to my heart. The title was "don't worry". I just felt that I was so stupid. I spent days, weeks, months worrying about not getting the working permit, company offer letter, job and driving license. Father in heaven knows that I need these things. I was really stupid. I was worried and have been thinking. 'What if I don't pass my driving test?' , 'What if I don't get the working permit?'. I had such a little faith. Surely that the Lord will clothes me, feed me and provides my needs. I felt really sorry for what I have done. I knew that with God's help I can drive safely.
I went for an hour driving lesson before my test. It did not go well either. Julie stopped me on a side road again. She was very unhappy with my driving. I felt discourage and no confidence. Somehow, there was a church van parked opposite me. It was written Jesus loves you on the car. I knew that Jesus is with me and He loves me. I continued my lesson and drove to the test centre. When I arrived the test center, Julie asked me to make the final decision to go for the test or just forget about the test. I took a while to think about it. I just thought that rm300++ is a lot of money from my parents. They work very hard to support me. I asked the Holy Spirit to help me. While I was waiting for the examiner I just meditate on Matthew 6:25 -34. The examiner was the same examiner on my second test - Vicky. It was very quiet during the test process. I did not chat with Vicky. I prayed to God for strength the whole test. I thought I would have a lot of minor mistakes. I thought I would have failed. But I told myself to complete the test. When we got back to the test centre, Vicky told me to switch the engine off. I was very quiet and thought that she would say.. I'm sorry. NO!! She said I was pleased to inform you that you passed your test! Wow! Thank God. Thank you, Jesus. I was so so so happy. I gave Julie a hug. haha.. so so so happy. That's nothing too hard for God. Nothing is impossible for God. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. With God's helps I can drive safely and I will become a safe driver.
Thank God. Julie asked me how did I made it? I told her that I prayed. I was praying during the test, the whole test. Praise God.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Hey dear! Congratulate on your driving test! I am so proud of you..you are my superwoman! Keep it up! and miss ya!

1 February 2008 at 22:49  
Blogger rach said...

Haha.. Tyng I really love you. It's very encouraging. Am I your superwoman?? =P

2 February 2008 at 00:28  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home